Date Created: 8/30/2005 Date Modified: 8/30/2005
Installing Aladdin HASP dongle driver for Windows XP SP2
The latest version of the Aladdin HASP dongle driver must be
installed from the command line. This is the version that will resolve
issues encountered with Windows XP SP2 systems. Follow the directions
below to install this driver.
- Make sure you are logged into the system as an
Administrator and the HASP dongle is not currently connected to the
- Go to the HASP download page at:
- Download the "HASP Device Driver Commandline Installation" for
Win32 to your desktop. The file is named
- Unzip this file on your desktop by right-clicking on it and
choosing "Extract all..." and using the default options. This will
create a folder called "Hinstall" on your desktop.
- From the Start menu, choose Run...
- Enter cmd in the "Open:" field and click
OK. This should open a new Command Prompt window with
the cursor blinking after C:\Documents and Settings\ZZZZZ> where ZZZZZ is the name of your account.
- Type "cd Desktop\hinstall\hinstall" without the quotes and press
the Enter key. You should now see the cursor blinking after C:\Documents and Settings\ZZZZZ\Desktop\hinstall\hinstall>
- Type "hinstall -i" without the quotes and press the Enter
- You should now see a small window named "HASP Device Driver
install utility" with the text "Please wait..." The driver is now
being installed. This can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few
minutes to complete.
- When it is done, you will see a message stating "The operation was
completed successfully." Click OK.
- Close the command prompt window by typing "exit" and pressing the
- You can now connect your USB HASP dongle and use your software.