Thank you for your continued patience as we prepare to deliver the Apple OS X Lion compatible i1Profiler D2LionEdition software for your use with either an i1Display LT or i1Display 2 device.
SOFTWARE AVAILABILITY UPDATE We have been engaged in beta testing over the last several weeks and are confident we are well on our way to delivering a high quality software solution. During the beta test, however, our engineers uncovered some unforeseen issues that are affecting a very small population of our testers. We would like to take some additional time to fix these so we can deliver the professional solution you expect from X-Rite.
PUBLIC BETA NOW AVAILABLE In the interim, we are providing a public beta version that you can download and immediately begin using with your i1Display LT or i1Display 2 device. We anticipate the public beta period to last only a brief time before we have a final release available. This software will only be compatible with MacOS X 10.7 Lion operating system.
INTRODUCTION i1Profiler D2LionEdition software is offered as a free software update that is available to all registered i1Display 2 and i1Display LT customers who have upgraded their Macintosh operating system to Apple’s new Lion OS (10.7.x).
Features i1Profiler D2LionEdition software is based on X-Rite’s new i1Profiler software platform. However, it is important to note that the D2LionEdition version does not contain the full feature set that is available in other solutions that utilize new i1Profiler software. Rather, the feature set of the D2LionEdition software has been designed to closely approximate the feature set offered in X-Rite’s former i1Match software. While the feature set of D2LionEdition is not an identical match to i1Match, we think you will find it very comparable.
Upgrade Policy The i1Profiler D2LionEdition is not upgradeable. Our new full version of i1Profiler software introduces many new features that are not offered in the D2LionEdition. Therefore, customers wishing to upgrade to additional i1Profiler functionality will need to purchase an appropriate new solution such as an i1Display Pro or i1Photo Pro. Please visit xrite.com or xritephoto.com to learn more about our new i1Profiler based solutions.
KNOWN ISSUES NOTE - For the most current information on issues, workarounds, hot fixes and helpful FAQ’s for i1Profiler D2LionEdition, please refer to the i1ProfilerD2LionEdition Support Page located on our website. http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?Action=support&ID=1918 1) Possible “hang” or loss of connection to i1Display Issue: During the luminance adjustment step, the software may appear to “hang” while measuring a red color patch. If this occurs, please wait. In many cases, the software will recover on its’ own from this “frozen” state. The frozen state may last up to 3 minutes. When the software returns, in many cases the profiling process will continue automatically and successfully build your display profile. In other cases, the software may report that it lost the connection to the instrument. While losing the connection to the instrument is rare, this issue is sometimes resolved with the workaround below.
2) “Native” White Point setting disables pre-calibration function Issue: Choosing “Native” for the desired white point disables the pre-calibration function. This will result in the target luminance not being achieved if it is higher than the current display luminance setting. This issue always occurs and can be resolved with the workaround below.
3) Secondary display profile accuracy Issue: When profiling multiple displays, optimal profile results for secondary display(s) may not be achieved. This issue rarely occurs and is easily resolved with the workaround below.
4) Display QA results on secondary displays Issue: When working with multiple displays, the Display QA results will report incorrect profile results (deltaE’s) for the measured color patches on your secondary display(s). This issue always occurs and is easily resolved with the workaround below.
5) Profile results create brown colorcast Issue: Profile may result in very noticeable brown colorcast. It is extremely rare this issue will occur.
6) Open GL is required Issue: i1Profiler has the capability to show a 3D gamut plot of your display profile after it has been built. This feature requires OpenGL to be installed.
7) Multiple i1Display devices are not supported Issue: i1Profiler can only connect to one i1Display instrument at a time.
8) Sleep or hibernate mode Issue: i1Profiler may lose its connection to the i1Display device if your computer goes into sleep or hibernate mode. This issue occurs intermittently and is easily resolved with the workaround below.
9) Older versions of X-Rite Device Services Issue: Installation of older X-Rite applications that use older versions of the X-Rite Device Services may cause i1Profiler to no longer connect with the i1Display device.
This beta version contains an Auto Update, so when the final release version becomes available, your system will automatically be updated.
We welcome any feedback regarding your beta experience. Please send emails to: D2LionEditionBeta@xrite.com
Learn more about these i1 solutions that provide even more control for your color workflow: