Available 24/7 – learn at your own pace!
Course length: 2 hours approximately
Enrollment Duration: 60 days
Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
Applicable to nearly every industry and business, this six module online course teaches color theory, the language of color, and how to overcome the universal problem of color communication. From the physics of color to lighting, spectrophotometers and color data, we will teach you how to view and understand color. Topics include:
- Interactive experiments that demonstrate how the human eye can be fooled
- Albert Munsell’s role in the development of color measurement and an overview of the systems that help us describing color
- The nature of light and the role it plays in vision and color judgment
- A history of color measurement instrumentation and how to choose the best instrument for your color needs
- Recognizing and overcoming appearance characteristics that change our perception of color
Trouble with videos? Click Here for complete system requirements.
Should you master this eLearning course and want to know more, consider attending our regional Fundamentals of Color & Appearance seminar.
This online course was created by our training development, writing and multimedia staff with the important contribution of our team of X-Rite Color Experts; those who also provide regional and classroom training. These instructors are drawn from a wide variety of industries where color is critical: printing, TV and video, design, pre-press, textiles, paints, plastics, etc.