Model #: ccn-cc
ColorCert Desktop Tools
Quality Assurance Software
ColorCert Desktop Tools are modular solutions enabling accurate creation of color specifications and process control at multiple points throughout the packaging workflow.
Process Control for Packaging Workflows
Todays’ complex packaging workflows require specialized tools to ensure accurate, repeatable color, from job to job across the plant or around the globe. As the range of inks, printing technologies and substrates has expanded, so has the complexity of maintaining color and print quality across various shifts and sites. Printers and packaging converters must ensure color is right the first time, right every time, in order to gain and retain customers in an increasingly competitive environment.
ColorCert Desktop Tools are software modules that help printers and converters meet this challenge. Each is focused on specific elements of the workflow, from prepress and proofing, to the ink room and on press process control. ColorCert Desktop Tools allow:
- Creation of print specifications.
- Measurement and certification of proofs.
- Print process control on-press, in real-time.
- Ink room quality assurance and direct connectivity with InkFormulation Software, sending measurements taken on press to the ink room for evaluation and reformulation.
- The ColorCert Suite was purpose built for the packaging industry to enable definition of specifications to fit the needs of the packaging workflow, from spot color and CMYK to CMYK/OGV. It utilizes specialty packaging metrics such as ink strength, white ink opacity, and colorimetric dot gain to align metrics with common packaging practices.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools make it easy for both prepress and the pressroom to use the same ICC and CGATS profiles, align their efforts to the same expectation. They also connect process control with the ink room, sending press measurements directly to InkFormulation Software for reformulation as needed.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools can also integrate with inline/near line measurement systems such as ITX and BST IPQ Spectral, providing for greater flexibility within your workflow.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools can retrieve information directly from MIS and other systems, as well as parse PDF metadata, for a streamlined, efficient job set-up and monitoring process.
ColorCert Desktop Tools Include:
- ColorCert Inkroom: Used to evaluate color quality of inks based on jobs created in ColorCert Manager or self-created color standard definitions. Supports file formats such as ColorCert Libraries, CxF and MIF, ICC Profiles, CGATS, and PantoneLIVE. Available in Basic and Advanced.
- ColorCert Pressroom: Used at press-side for process control. Load ColorCert Jobs or quickly set up new jobs based on templates created in ColorCert Manager using the Job Setup wizard. Includes Inkroom Tools Basic to load ColorCert jobs, make quick checks and generate reports on individual ink colors. Its easy-to-use interface highlights areas that require attention, while providing guidance as to necessary corrective actions. This allows press operators to spend less time troubleshooting and more time maintaining and monitoring the press run.
- ColorCert Manager: The complete set of ColorCert Desktop Tools. ColorCert Manager is primarily used to develop ColorCert Jobs and maintain ColorCert Assets. Software modules include PressRoom Tools, Proofing Tools, Inkroom Tools Advanced, and ColorCert Editors.
|Available Disk Space||1GB|
|Color Differences||CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*, DE76, DECMC (L:C), DE94, DE2000 (L:C:h)|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*(ab), CIE L*C*h*(uv), CIE XYZ, CIE xyY, CIE, Luv|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible Software Supporting DNG Profiles||N/A|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
|Configuration Options||Inkroom Tools, Pressroom Essentials, Pressroom, Manager|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768 (Minimum)|
|Experience Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Illuminants||A, B, C, D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11|
|Import/Export Format||CxF, CGATS|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||10 (Maximum)|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for Repository Server, Scorecard Server, and PantoneLIVE|
|Languages Supported||English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, SCI / SCE, M0, M1, M2, M3|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Observers||2 degree, 10 degree|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz|
|Scanner Target Support||N/A|
|Standard Indices||CIE Whiteness, Opacity (%)|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, Ci62, Ci64|
|Supported Profile Format||ICC, CGATS|
|What's Included?||Installation Instructions, Licensing Dongle|
- Glossary for ColorCert
- Instruments Supported by ColorCert
- Can X-RiteColor Master and Color iQC data be imported?
- Duplicating preferences between workstations
- Adding PantoneLIVE™ login info to ColorCert
You Might Also Like
Quality Assurance Software
The Repository Server is a secure, cloud-based portal for managing and deploying packaging color assets based on user type, location, brand, workflow stage or other parameters.
Quality Assurance Software
The ScoreCard Server is a cloud-based portal providing an overall view of print quality, summarizing quality levels and consolidating metrics filtered by a variety of criteria.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools Feature Brochure
- It's Not Easy Being Purple
- Tools for Implementing ECG Successfully in Your Entire Workflow
- IntelliTrax2: Get to Great Color Faster
- End-to-End Solutions for Color Consistency
- Reduce Make Ready Time - Automate your Ink Keys and Maximize Productivity
- Achieve Timely and Consistent Color in Packaging
- How Color Standards Can Improve Profitability
- Fast Track to Improved Color for Brand Owners
- How to Quality Check Formulated and Built Colors
News and Events
At Packaging That Sells 2017, Laurie Pressman, VP of Pantone Color Institute and Cindy Cooperman, Global Director of Brands, will deliver a can’t-miss presentation on using color to enhance your brand recognition and packaging.
Come see the global leader in color science and technology X-Rite Pantone in Esko’s booth #1321 or IT Supply booth #1202!
Come see the global leader in color science and technology X-Rite Pantone at tabletop #220 to learn how our solutions help you lower quality control costs, reduce time to market, and take the guesswork out of color.