Color Measurement Essentials
Applicable to nearly every industry and business, this thirteen module online course teaches the basics of color and appearance and how to achieve instrumental quality control in your environment.
Your access to this course is valid for 60 days.
- Color & Appearance review to ensure you have a solid understanding of color quality.
- Calibrating and configuring your instrument for color space, illuminant and observer.
- Measuring standards and samples, deciphering these measurements, and toggling between parameters.
- Testing an instrument’s repeatability and averaging multiple measurements.
- Using the Compare mode to let the instrument calculate the Delta L, Delta A, Delta B, Delta E numbers for you, setting a tolerance within your device, and grouping standards together to automatically apply color metrics and calculate color differences.
- Using the Strength and Opacity functions to adjust and create recipes for new batches of inks or dyes.
This eLearning course is divided into thirteen modules with a video run time of approximately one hour. You don’t have to complete the entire course at once. You will have access for 60 days so you can learn at your own pace.
After a refresher on color theory, Color Measurement Essentials provides instructions and tips for capturing accurate and repeatable measurements and allows you to practice in your environment. Modules include:
- Module One reviews color & appearance basics to ensure you have a solid understanding.
- Module Two looks at why we calibrate and how often is necessary for your workflow.
- Module Three explains why and how to properly configure your instrument for color space, illuminant, and observer.
- Module Four shows you how to decipher sample measurements, the benefits of toggling between parameters, and the pitfalls that plague many users when measuring samples.
- Module Five explains how devices can pick up even the most miniscule color differences.
- Module Six provides the steps for testing an instrument’s repeatability to make sure it’s functioning as it should.
- Module Seven walks you through the process of averaging measurements with your device.
- Module Eight explains how to use the Compare mode to measure a standard, then a sample, and let the instrument calculate the Delta L, Delta A, Delta B, and Delta E numbers for you.
- Module Nine explains how to set a tolerance within your device to calculate whether your measurements pass or fail.
- Module Ten introduces projects and explains how to use this powerful and complex feature.
- Module Eleven explains how to use the strength function to calculate the difference between dye and ink lots, allowing you to adjust and create recipes for new batches.
- Module Twelve shows you how to use the opacity function to determine how an ink or dye will appear on a printing press.
- Module thirteen will wrap up the course help you put it all together.
- An exercise workbook is also provided to help guide and reinforce your eLearning experience. Each interactive session builds on key concepts and is accompanied by a short quiz. When you achieve an overall score of 80%, you will receive a course certificate of completion.
An exercise workbook is also provided to help guide and reinforce your eLearning experience. Each interactive session builds on key concepts and is accompanied by a short quiz. When you achieve an overall score of 80%, you will receive a course certificate of completion.
Click here for system requirements.