Going Beyond Density
Your access to this course is valid for 60 days.
Predictable, repeatable color starts with a consistent process. “Going Beyond Density” will teach you how to achieve optimal process control on your offset press, beyond the density of your solid inks, as well as tools and methodologies to help you move toward a more color controlled press environment.
This course includes optional hands-on exercises to allow you practice as you go and reinforce what you learn. The best instrument to use for these exercises is the X-Rite eXact Standard or Advanced, however the exercises are not required.
- Color theory and tolerancing
- LCh and CIELAB color models
- ISO Standards and regional print specifications
- Spectrophotometer settings and backers
- Tools, machinery specifications, and raw materials
- Solid ink density and color
- Tone Value Increase (TVI)
- Trapping and overprint
- Gray balance