Model #: if
InkFormulation Software is a fast, accurate, consistent ink formulation, formula creation, storage, approval and retrieval solution for offset, flexo, gravure and screen-printing inks.
Fast, Accurate, Consistent Ink Formulation
Color quality and consistency are table stakes for printers and packaging converters in today’s highly competitive marketplace. And most companies have put in place operating procedures designed to deliver just that. But what about the ink room? If there are problems with the ink – incoming materials are faulty or accurate formulations are not achieved – the rest of the downstream process suffers. Too often, this aspect of quality control is overlooked, and/or ink formulation processes are complex and time-consuming, requiring special colorist talent and a lot of luck.X-Rite InkFormulation Software addresses these issues for ink manufacturers, printers and packaging converters alike. InkFormulation Software is part of an end-to-end color workflow that gives ink suppliers, printers and packaging converters flexibility and control over recipes and assortments, improves basic material handling, simplifies definition of the right ink film thickness and helps reduce hazardous waste. It also makes it easier to use leftover inks and press returns, reducing overall ink inventories. InkFormulation is available in four configurations including an online version, Basic and Professional for printers, and a version for Ink Manufacturers.
- Formulate inks for accurate color taking the substrate color into account, right the first time, right every time.
- Save significant time in reformulation of existing inks by using existing assortments and recipes.
- More accurately quote ink costs on jobs with InkFormulation’s MIS/ERP integration, and benefit from better tracking of actual ink usage.
- Improve overall quality and efficiency by linking InkFormulation Software with quality control/statistical process control solutions such as Color iQC and ColorCert.
- Use spectral data from leftover inks to create a recipe of a new target color, using waste inks and new inks to achieve the desired color.
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, Transmission, SCI / SCE|
|Color Differences||CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*|
|Illuminants||A, D50, D65, F11|
|Observers||2 degree,10 degree|
|Standard Indices||Opacity, Metamerism|
|Configuration Options||PrinterBasic, PrinterPro, Manufacturer, Online|
|Experience Level||Beginner to advanced|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, CI4200, CI52, CI62, CI64, 962, 964, Color i5, Color i7, CE-7000A, CI7600, CI7800, SP62, SP64, ER50|
|Industry Standards||See Standard Indices|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||Yes|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Scanner Target Support||N / A|
|What's Included?||Installation CD with Instructions, License Dongle|
|Windows||Win 7, Win 10|
|Available Disk Space||100 GB|
|Display Resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for PantoneLIVE|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 G|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
- Ink Formulation & ColorQuality Software - XRGA Information
- Adding Modules (functionality) to InkFormulation 6 Software
- Moving Data From XCM to IFS/CQ5 Through iQC/Match
- Data exchange between InkFormulation and ColorQuality Software
News and Events
Visit X-Rite Pantone at booth #420 to learn how our solutions help printers and packaging converters lower quality control costs, reduce time to market, and unify color communications.
Managing your packaging color workflow has never been easier! Come and visit us at our booth on the next Graphicspag in Barcelona and get the color just the way you imagined it!