X-Rite Launches New Industrial Quality Light Booth for Effective Evaluation of Color
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., September 29, 2015 – X-Rite Incorporated, a global leader in color science and technology, and its subsidiary Pantone LLC, today announced the new Judge QC light booth designed to help both industrial companies and commercial printers better simulate and evaluate colors under a range of lighting conditions. The Judge QC features five light sources, including a Dual Daylight Option that allows users to easily switch between D50 lighting for print and D65 for industrial applications. With the new booth, quality control professionals in the paint, plastics, textiles and commercial printing and packaging industries will be able to more accurately evaluate incoming materials, samples and final products for color consistency and physical defects.
“Precise control of lighting conditions is critical to the effective visual evaluation of color,” says Chris Winczewski, VP of product marketing, X-Rite. “The impact of getting color wrong can be significant -- rejected final products, increased costs and rework, longer time to market, and dissatisfied customers. For optimum results, samples should be examined using a light booth with the ability to duplicate almost any lighting environment. This flexibility allows you to determine how your color will look in the factory, a fluorescent-lit store, a home environment, outdoors, or wherever else your products will be seen. The new Judge QC light booth does just that.”
The Judge QC light booth is designed specifically to meet the requirements of industrial operations where color control is critical. The Judge QC delivers:
- Consistent fluorescent illumination that complies with major international standards including ISO, ASTM, DIN, ANSI and BSI visual assessment requirements.
- Dual Daylight Option for easy switching between light sources in situations where operators may need to view samples under both lighting conditions.
- A lamp service indicator light to help ensure lighting consistency by notifying users when light sources need replacement.
- Dedicated D50 and D65 light sources for print and industrial applications. Tungsten (A), UV and fluorescent lamps are also included.
- Durability and easy cleaning thanks to metal construction and a powder coating finish.
- Optional pre-certified lamp packs that include a calibration certification which an X-Rite service technician or user can easily install.
Founded in 1958, X-Rite, Incorporated is a global leader in color science and technology. With its wholly owned subsidiary Pantone, X-Rite employs more than 800 people in 11 countries. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Mich., with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia and service centers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas. X-Rite Pantone offers a full range of color management solutions used by manufacturers, retailers, printers, photographers and graphic design houses to achieve precise management and communication of color throughout their processes. XRite Pantone products and services are recognized standards in the printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles and medical industries. For further information, please visit www.xrite.com. For the latest news, information and conversations, connect with X-Rite on LinkedIn, Vimeo, Twitter, and Facebook.